Welcome to the Risborough Area Portal

  Helping you find all you need to shop, live, work and play.


Thames Valley Police

The area is covered by

Princes Risborough Police Station

Longwick Road Princes Risborough Bucks HP27 9HE
From the 1st of April 2015 the front counter at Princes Risborough Police Office will close. The decision make the closure is due to the running costs, the lack of people using the facility and plus the recent changes in technology and document processing which has negated the need for a person to attend a police station, e.g. driving and vehicle documents can be checked instantly at the roadside which has resulted in a dramatic drop in producers being issued. High Wycombe or Aylesbury will be the nearest stations were a counter service will still operate. If you have a general enquiry then please contact the police via the non emergency number which is 101. The number is monitored 24 hours per day, 365 days of the year.  Please note you can call 101 and make an appointment to see a Police Officer.  If officers are in the building and not interviewing or on the telephone, they will respond to a knock on the Station door.  

For more information on your local police team and their priorities click here

  Latest Police Newsletter


If you would like the opportunity to receive messages containing, information, crime alerts and witness appeals sign up to Thames Valley Alert here   The local police work closely with the local Neighbourhood Action Groups and The Neighbourhood Watch, for more information on these local groups and their activities please see the Community tab. Click here for advice on garden security.    

What is 101?

101 is a national single non-emergency number that all police forces use it replaces the Thames Valley Police 0845 8 505 505 (non-emergency) number. When to call 101? You should call 101 to report less urgent crime and disorder or to speak to your local officers. For example, you should call 101 if:
  • your car has been stolen.
  • your property has been damaged.
  • you suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood.
Or to:
  • report a minor traffic collision.
  • give the police information about crime in your area.
  • speak to the police about a general enquiry.
101 is being introduced as part of the Government’s wider work to improve access to the police, ease pressure on 999, and help to efficiently and effectively tackle crime and disorder. What is the difference between 101 and 999? You should continue to call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened. Remember the Police would rather have too much information than not enough, so if you see something you feel is suspicious please call the details into 101.   COULD YOU GIVE A LITTLE TIME TO SUPPORT THAMES VALLEY POLICE IN WENDOVER, PRINCES RISBOROUGH AND MARLOW?? We are looking for residents of the Wendover, Princes Risborough and Marlow community to join Thames Valley Police Volunteer Team and help to cover our new Police Information Point. The purpose of the Police Information Point is to enhance public access to Thames Valley Police by dealing with enquiries from members of the public and promote community safety and crime reduction initiatives in your area. If you have a few hours a week to spare and are over 18 years old then please contact me if you would like to hear more about this opportunity to become a Citizen in Policing. Claire Baker Citizens in Policing Co-ordinator Tel No: 01908 686209 claire.baker@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk

Princes Risborough Police recieve and award for saving a life, click here for more details